We're opening a brewery!
It might not look much at the minute but what you see before you will soon be transformed into the only brewery & taproom of its kind in Sunderland (pending licences and planning consent etc).
Obviously, we are pretty excited about this as we've been actively looking for a home for over a year now. The Echo will soon be doing a story about it but we wanted to give our email subscribers a sneak peek first.
What, when, where?
We'll be sharing more information with you in the coming weeks as we progress the fit-out of the building but here are the headlines:
- The building will be roughly split into two - one half for the brewery and the other half for a taproom serving a range of keg/cask beer as well as fridges for cans/bottles and a fully stocked bar for non-beer drinkers.
- We will be selling our beer as well as a range of guest beers from the best local, national and international breweries.
- The unit is on Monk Street in Roker and is a mere 2 minute walk from the Stadium of Light Metro Station as well as being only half a mile from the city centre.
- We're aiming to be in and open by June this year but we'll keep you informed as things progress.
- The plan is to open the taproom from Fri-Sun as well as other days for special/private events.
Now that the cat is out of the bag we'll be sharing updates as we progress things but we'd better get back to work as we've just looked at our to-do list and it's pretty long.